Sunday, September 6, 2020

Saturday - COVID173 and FIRE18

No alarm this morning but I woke up close to the usual time.  The smoke is bad this morning so I fired up the new air filter that arrived yesterday.  It helped clear the air during the day until the smoke cleared up outside.

Bex and I headed out to meet up with Tamily and Zoey for a puppy playdate, and halfway down the driveway I realized I'd forgotten Bella!  We went back and picked her up and headed to the dog park in Windsor.  I hadn't looked closely at it before and my memory was grass was wrong.  We put the dogs in for a while - it was covered in bark - and they wandered around and pooped and peed but really didn't play.  It was hot, and that was understandable.  There wasn't anyplace for us to comfortably relax, and other dogs kept coming in.  We did enjoy our time and now both dogs have mini tennis balls so we can teach them better how to fetch.  

Tam checked out Badger Park after we left, and Bex and I checked out the park next to Villa Chanticleer.  The one at the villa is better for big dogs and we didn't see anything designated for small dogs.  Tam reported that Badger Park is perfect, so we will try that during the week sometime when there is likely to be fewer people and pets there.

It was too hot to do much of anything when we got home.  Bex went out later to pick up the grocery order from Jess.  About the time the air outside started to cool down, the smoke increased substantially, so we are not going to get much of a cool-down overnight.  Having the smoke show up at night is making this heat wave even more miserable.

We are staying hydrated and are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment