Saturday, September 19, 2020

Saturday - COVID187 and FIRE32

I slept an hour later than my alarm would normally be set on a weekday.  The sun is doing a good job of waking me up again.  The sky is clear overhead but the hills are missing from my view again.

I puttered around a bit this morning and started clearing the mess on my desk and shredding documents.  Bex got donuts.  

Then Jessi and Cory brought the trailer up with a load of wood and tools.  We started getting the walls in place on the trailer.  It was a lot of work and a bit warm outside.  We knew going in that we would not finish today, so the walls are set, door cut, and it awaits the next part when we're ready.  There's plenty of room for the goats, and possibly space to create a partition to put the chicken crate in as well.  

Bella had a good time hanging out with us for a while.  She's getting more and more confident these days.

I have some work to do tomorrow but am looking forward to getting some things squared away at the house too.

Bex smelled smoke this morning, and I went outside and concurred.  We both pulled up maps and information and I discovered there was a controlled burn in Santa Rosa that might have caused it.  Later in the day, I found out that there were a couple of logs burning within the containment area of Walbridge.  They're letting them burn as they believe there's no danger.  I hope the winds stay calm.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment