Monday, September 28, 2020

Sunday - COVID195 and FIRE39

I tossed and turned last night.  I didn't want to get up but body aches told me it would be better if I did.

Thanks to Jon, we have the 2x4s we need to finish the trailer.  We expect to work on that next weekend, if the place is still standing.

I made lemongrass paste which is an ingredient in the curry paste I intended to also make, but I was pretty pooped after that.  I put some of that into a jar and brought it to Jess when I picked up groceries in the evening from her house.  I also picked up from the mailbox a Sunday delivery of another cute outfit for Bella.  It was too hot to try it on her but I am looking forward to it!

While we watched the Glass Fire in Napa County, suddenly new fires sprang up closer to family and friends in Santa Rosa.  About the time I was tracking the new Shady Fire, I received notification of a fire closer to home outside of Monte Rio.  It was a tense night, putting everything in the car except for two bags and the pet carriers.  I watched in horror as the fire approached Santa Rosa and began to eat at the senior living community of Oakmont, burning everything in its path along Highway 12 and beginning to overlap the horror of the Tubbs Fire in 2017.

I got work about 2:30 a.m. that the fire in Monte Rio was contained to about an acre and had been started by a homeless encampment.  It took until 4:00 a.m. for me to finally get tired enough to try to sleep - fully clothed.  I sent a text to Bex asking her to wake me when she got the message.

We are tired and stressed but we are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment