Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday - COVID189 and FIRE34

I had a hard time getting up with the alarm this morning.  As I was getting ready to go to bed last night, I received a notification of a vegetation fire near Guerneville.  I waited until they said forward progress was stopped and two hours for mop-up, and then had a hard time coming down from the preparation Bex and I did to be 100% ready to go.

It was Monday, so a work day.  I took a long lunch to spend time with Bex.

While we were evacuated, the mice decided that this would be a good place to hang out.  I've set a Rat Zapper under the sink in my bathroom and have been catching one, two, and sometimes three a day since we returned, sometimes two at a time.  Yesterday, the light was blinking so I took the trap outside to dump it.  And all that fell out was a Q-Tip.  Are they that smart or was it accidental?  I quit baiting the trap after that because the Q-Tip triggered the plate, turning it off, and the bait was gone.  I can't believe they were smart enough to do that deliberately.  The trap works fine without bait.

It's been a long Monday, a little warm this afternoon, but apparently not as hot as it will be next weekend.  We're bracing ourselves for anything.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment