Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Tuesday - COVID234 and FIRE75

I woke up early again, in part because I heard animal noises that I wasn't sure were inside or outside and I couldn't get them to stop - so probably outside.  Sooooo annoying.  But I got a head start on the day.

Oliver likes to go out when I get up and he was not pleased that I wasn't opening the door at 0-dark-thirty.  He's not allowed with the dawn hunters, which started when he was chased into the house a few years ago by foxes taking the last of my hens one morning.  He meowed at the door, came over to put his paw on my leg, then tore at his cat tower, wandered off to sulk, then repeated.  About an hour after this routine started, I got a Ring movement notification and looked at the video to see a fox trotting by where I would have been letting him out.  Nope.

I made him wait another hour, then went out to do chores and get the rest of the animals out.

I've been babying sourdough starter back to life after a summer hibernation the last few weeks and it was finally ready yesterday.  So I used the discard this morning to make pretzels.  I started the dough in the bread machine and went back to work, smelling the yeasty warmth and looking forward to warm salty pretzels with mustard later in the day.

Work was okay and then as the day wound down, I started to listen to election results and then stopped.  There will be nothing known today, maybe not even for at least a week.  I told myself to wait and to be patient.  And then I felt sick to my stomach at the rift in this country.

I lost track of time with a new challenging project I'm figuring out.  Then needed to create a space for AJ to be able to do his school work tomorrow as he'll be with us in the morning.

We are safe and well and loved and seeking the best.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment