Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday - COVID259

This was one of those days I had to keep checking to remember what day it was.  When my alarm didn't go off, I knew it was the weekend but couldn't remember which day.  One of they side effects of COVID and working at home, exacerbated by a holiday week.

I was low energy again but did get some things done around the house.  I'm working on making what I hope will be Christmas gifts if they work out okay.  I spent a lot of time expanding our family tree online and discovered that one of my maternal ancestors came over as a cooper on the Mayflower.  It was fascinating to read more about him and his wife and how they came to be together.  Apparently Longfellow wrote a poem about how my ancestor's friend asked him to propose to a woman for him, and she asked my ancestor how HE felt - so he proposed to her and she became my ancestor too.

It was an interesting realization for me and Bex and something that we talked about and researched quite a bit.  I'd been working on expanding her family tree when that came up and the bizarre realization that so close to a Thanksgiving holiday filled with mythology hiding the truth, she discovers she is descended from both sides.  A different indigenous nation and our Mayflower ancestor was not religious (it was a job) but still.

It's been a day and there's more to try to tackle tomorrow.  It feels like there's so much that needs to be done and a limited amount of time, energy, focus, and money.  But we'll get there.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment