Sunday, November 22, 2020

Saturday - COVID252

I sleep dialed Mandi at 4:50 this morning. I grabbed my phone, went to the bathroom (since hurting my hip I am scared that I will not be able to get up without assistance), then sat on the bed and noticed an open call with her. I said hello and she asked if everything was okay and said she had been staying on the line just in case I was in trouble. Oops.  We both went back to sleep and I slept until 9am!

I noted this morning that I forgot to close the inside door to the chickens last night.  I remembered starting to, then noticing that Blue was still out.  She ignored my instructions to go in, so I set an alarm to check on them later.  When the alarm went off, I remembered opening the main door and figured I'd completed the task.  Oops.  Thankfully, coop activity has been nonexistent lately.  The fox isn't even running back and forth as often.

I ordered dog food from the feed store.  While I was placing the order, I decided to add a bale of pine shavings.  When Bex and I went to the car to pick everything up, I still had the stuff from Tammy's in the back.  We discussed taking some of it out, but I said I was just getting dog food and there was plenty of room.  No need to mess with it.  

We dropped off some small crocheted blankets for the animals at the shelter on our way into town.  We picked up Starbucks and headed for the feed store.  And when we were almost there, I remembered the pine shavings.  Thankfully, it was a smaller bale than I'm used to getting, and we were able to shift things around so it would fit easily.  Bex picked up a game she'd ordered using her birthday gift card, and we headed home.

I started chicken for dinner and decided to use it for tomorrow's dinner.  I'm pretty wiped out today.

Another quiet night with a snooze on the couch before bed.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment