Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Monday/Tuesday - COVID240/1 and FIRE81/2

I woke up a little early today and was enjoying the slow start to my day when I realized that I needed to meet my boss in Windsor to pick up documents.  In less than an hour.  And all of the chores had not been done.  So I got them done in record time (not nearly as fast as I have when I woke up super late to get Bex to car pool and school) and got to the meeting place on time.  While I was out, I called the feed store for a curbside order and picked up all of the feed.

Work was busy enough this afternoon.

Jess got an online order in today and Bex picked it up for me when she went out to work for a while.

I made tomato soup for dinner, which was perfect for a cold night.  I used what is likely the last of our tomato harvest.  There are still green tomatoes on the vines and tomatillos trying to ripen but I think they will be too late.  I'm leaving some jalapenos on the vine to ripen and get bigger.  I may try to transplant that to a pot for the greenhouse over the winter.  I've been told it's possible to grow them year round.

As I was beginning to write my update tonight, I saw the draft from last night still sitting here and realized it didn't get posted.    So on to Tuesday in the same post.

I woke up early again and got a head start.  It was a busy day and I am looking forward to taking tomorrow off.  I hope I'm successful in staying away from work for the day.

Leftover soup for dinner tonight.  I think there will be enough for lunch tomorrow and then I'll be done with it.  I love this tomato soup recipe - it is rich and a little spicy and buttery and scrumptious.

The fire danger continues to wane but I won't unpack until we've got some good rainfall.  It is freezing cold at night now.  

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment