Saturday, November 14, 2020

Friday - COVID244 and FIRE85

The fire portion may be over.  It's not a gully washer, but it was raining today.  If it continues well and I quit getting notifications of vegetation fires (which I received this morning), I may be able to take that out of my focus and unpack the cars and relieve Jess of the items she's been storing for me.

It was a busy work day and a quiet night, though the stress rain brings is a whole different thing.  Added darkness and challenging work outdoors is my least favorite part of fall and winter.  

I was able to set up the small greenhouse over the jalapeno plant.  My goal is to see if I can help it survive and thrive year-round, which I'm told is possible.  The person who told me this said her father keeps his in pots indoors during the winter, so I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a try.  There are about five jalapenos ripening on it now.  The tomatoes are still heavy with fruit and I am patiently gathering the ripened ones when they are ready.  When it's clear the tomatoes are done, I'll collect the green fruit.

I'm looking forward to what I hope will be some good sleep and a productive day tomorrow.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment