Thursday, August 27, 2020

Wednesday - COVID163 and EVAC8

I tossed and turned a bit with dreams but could not remember what they were when I woke up.  My body was achy and stiff.  It eased a little while taking Bella out, feeding her, and making coffee.

I discovered yesterday that I HAD packed my new vitamins, they were just in the wrong bag.  That was one of the items I wanted to go back to the house and pick up but kept myself from going.  Not worth risking my life and others if something went haywire with the fire.  There are very good reasons that we are supposed to be out of there.  I am still annoyed with the people granted special permission to tend to wine grapes.

Got my desktop online and accessible.  Then headed to the vet to get Bella's nails trimmed.  Before going to the vet, I stopped by Jessica's house to drop off my "toe shoes."  The girls got me a pair using my Amazon shopping list but I had estimated the size wrong.  Jess is going to return and replace them for me. 

Bella's curbside drop-off and pick-up for her nail trim went without incident.  I stopped by the library to return the SonomaFi that I had borrowed back in March.  The due date kept getting extended and it actually didn't move last week but I didn't notice because of evacuation.  It was late for the first time and I felt awful about that.  I am very careful to return on time because using these is a privilege and I don't take it for granted.  



After the library, I picked up online order Starbucks for me, Tam and E and headed back to Cotati.

I was able to work some more in the afternoon while Tam and E ran errands.  I took the dogs out at one point and when we came back in, Tootsie the cat was out and in the living room window.  She does not like Bella in the house and makes that very clear each time she sees Bella, with a hiss and sometimes a growl.  So she was probably not very happy to discover that the dog's exit was temporary.  I kept Bella near me until Tootsie decided to make her escape.  Bella wants to play with her - she's used to cats - but Tootsie wants nothing to do with that.


We all walked to the farmers market in the evening, which was pretty sparse, and picked up a few items, then walked to get to-go food from WingMan and then back to their place.  It is still strange to see the old Cotati Cabaret and not be able to go listen to music because it is now a temple.

We enjoyed some more Yellowstone while crocheting before bed and finished season one.

The smoke wasn't as bad today and every time I think I'm close to going home, another hot spot appears on the map near the house.  

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment