Friday, August 14, 2020

Thursday - I Can't Believe It's Day 150

 Up with the alarm again today.  Thankfully my wonky phone still works for that.

150 days since I walked out of my office for the last time and went to Trader Joe's and the feed store in a mild panic to get food and feed to last two weeks.  

It's been a wild ride.  We're still at home.  The routine is in place but over the last few weeks a deep depression is annoyingly present.  Working from home is more challenging in some ways than I thought it would be.  There are so many things in front of me that I want to do but don't because of work responsibilities.

On the plus side, thank you for no weekly fill-ups at the pump.  Less wear and tear on my car.  No annoying slow-down at River Road, watching the rear-view to make sure no one slams into me.  Lower insurance premiums because I'm really not driving.  The ability to pretty much set my schedule.

I had a planned long weekend reunion/retreat with the Wind Children scheduled for this weekend.  I would have been packing this morning and heading out to Camp Meeker this afternoon for relaxation and reconnection and lots of music and good food.  I'll miss the cool redwood shaded paths but can go back in my memory and look forward to next year.  

My SIM card did not arrive today.  Hopefully tomorrow.

It got to 95 degrees today.  I now have thermometers in both bedrooms, outside, and in the living room connected to one display.  When it hit the high of 95 outside late today, the temp indoors reached 88 in the living room.  It feels hotter in my office, and is probably more like 90.  My bedroom stayed the coolest at 81, Becca's room, 83.  Now I can put numbers to what we feel on these really hot days.  Despite doing everything right - opening up the house last night and closing it at 65 indoors this morning, it still got hot.  I'm hopeful it will cool down again tonight so we don't start off with a higher temp tomorrow.

Some of the tomatoes are almost ready to pick.  I'll grab the jalapenos when I harvest tomatoes.  They are getting pretty big, though it looks like there are only two on there.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment