Sunday, August 23, 2020

Saturday - COVID159 and EVAC4

I woke with a headache again.  I've run out of vitamins.  One type is reordered and on its way.  The other is was at the post office and about the time I realized this, notification came in that another package was going to be delivered.  Shortly thereafter, a notice that my mailbox was inaccessible so it was returned to the post office.

I called the post office and confirmed they were open until 1pm and that my mail was still on hold.  Tam and I headed up after breakfast.

The farmers market in town was beginning to close down, and I cannot imagine shopping or being there at all in the smoke that hung in the air.  I was the only one at the post office so the hardest part was the worker locating my two packages.  I got the mail and reviewed it inside, dropping much of it into the trash.  

We stopped by Jessica's to drop off mail that had come for Q.  Windsor had the worst smoke of all of the place we had been.  

We tried to relax and forget after we got to Tammy's house.  We took a short drive out to some local farmstands to pick up fresh veggies and flowers.   I will show Tammy how to make tomatillo salsa and am glad I have my recipe book with me.

Tam and E painted rocks and I was going to see what recorded on my DVR while crocheting when I realized that I had taken the WiFi hot spot with me that the Dish received was connected to.  So it had no internet access for me to access it.  I contacted the company to see if they could change the settings for me, but their access also required internet access.  Another thing to remember if/when we evacuate.   Make sure the WiFi is connected before you leave.  And a dozen other things. Leave the camera.  Leave your cell phone number for fire personnel. 

I saw that there was a fire in Novato and called my folks to let them know.  It was good to talk to them both again, no matter the reason.  They'll be packing up the van so they are prepared just in case.

We listened to music again last night until bedtime.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment