Sunday, August 30, 2020

Saturday - COVID166 and EVAC11

I can't remember the last time I slept until 10:30 a.m. and that's what I did this morning.  I slept deep and hard and while I felt a little better today than yesterday, I was still achy and had a mild headache.  I got the dog out and then settled in to check on fire status.  At 40% today, it looks like maybe tomorrow but could be longer before I go home.

Tammy and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today.  She made fresh basil pesto, then we cranked out charred red salsa, tomatillo salsa, and fresh peach salsa.  It was a productive afternoon!  We were going to press apples for juice but were too tired so put that off for tomorrow.

It's times like this that I really wish we had our dream property where Tammy and I could live in separate houses on the same land and share moments like this more easily.  I am grateful indeed that she is no longer in Orange County and we have the chance to do things like this and help each other out.  

We relaxed in the evening and started the last season of Yellowstone before going to sleep.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment