Monday, August 17, 2020

Day 154 - Monday Thunder

 I woke up a little late to the sound of rain and thunder.  I thought it was over so I'd put the camera out in the open.  I needed to get it back under the awning again this morning.  This weather is so strange.  I started working as fast as I could in case we lose power again.

We didn't lose power, though PG&E called to say that we might between 3pm and 10pm.  It rained with thunder and lightning throughout most of the morning and then settled into wet heat of 90 degrees until nightfall.  It stayed warm and still before bedtime, not much cooling in the house.

Work was really busy and I'm behind on a deadline, so I did as much as I could.  

I received word that the old phone had been unlocked, so Bex and I inserted my phone's SIM card into it.  It still didn't work.  So, despite the guy at the Verizon store telling us that the most recent phone wouldn't work, we decided to try it anyway.  It transitioned perfectly.  It took most of the afternoon to transfer from my old to new phone, but I no longer have the crazy glitches that I've been struggling with.  It's nice to have that taken care of and I'm grateful Bex thought to offer me one of her old phones.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment