Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday - Day 146

I woke up as soon as Oliver said I should.  

After verifying the car I wanted to see in SF was still available, Bex and I started getting ready to go.  The salesman I had been working with via email then told me he couldn't put the hold on it yet because another salesperson had an appointment to view the car in 15 minutes.  We decided to head out slowly and be prepared to turn around if need be.  Forty-five minutes later, he texted to let me know the appointment had been a no show and the car was available.

The test drive was good.  It passed inspection and our review of the mechanic's report.  We worked out a price and financing and got all the paperwork done while they further detailed the car.  Bex headed home as she had had a tough three days on the road and was tired.  I went to Amanthony's for a visit, and they fed me a delicious dinner.  It felt good to visit, even if it had to be at a distance, and fun to see the grandkids too.  I stopped at Mom and Dad's on the way home after that to visit and so they could see the car.  Now that I know I can travel the distance, I will see Mom and Dad more often.  We sat with a window between us.

Even though I drove 5 mph up the driveway to minimize dust, the new black Equinox has a coating on it already.  This is going to require more upkeep than the white one.  But it sure looks nice and drives great.

It's been a full day and I'm pooped.  

We are well.  I hope you are too.

1 comment: