Saturday, August 15, 2020

Friday - Day 151 and My First Birthday in a Pandemic

 I woke up with the alarm reluctantly.  My room had gotten cool and if I'd woken up earlier, I would have crawled under the covers and slept longer.  It was too hot to do anything but sleep on top of them last night.

I don't care that much about celebrating my birthday these days.  But I did enjoy opening the card my parents sent first thing.  It's a beautiful LovePop pop-up card of a Monarch butterfly on roses.  I have it open on my desk so I can enjoy it.

I received early morning greetings from Mom and the kids, and as I was starting chores, Dad called to wish me a happy birthday and to ask if I could call my grandmother.  She was trying to call me but her "Dot" device didn't have me listed.  I called her and she sang me happy birthday.  It made me smile and tear up.  She called me Laura D/Dee which also makes me smile because it's part of history.

By 9:00 a.m., the house and the outside temps had equalized at 72.  That did not bode well for temps today.

Jon came by for a socially distanced birthday visit this morning and brought some of my favorite wine.  It was nice to be able to talk for a while in person.

Jess, Cory, and Lorna came by to share fair food that Bex picked up for us.  We ate outside in the containers just as if we'd been at the fair and had a good visit until dark.  AJ called me and I was able to talk with and video chat with Mandi.  

It was HOT today.  The temperature kept climbing until 105 in the shade outside and 95 in the house.  It was still over 80 when we went to bed at midnight.  Forecasts do not bode well for the next few days.

It was a good day.  I'm hoping for a little bit of a break in the weather tomorrow, despite what they say.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment