Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday - Day 121 - Love My Kids Edition

I slept well again.

This morning's rounds in the garden and around the property while doing chores had me snapping a few photos.

The tomatoes are finally starting to come in.




And I love seeing the new flag I put up yesterday.


The kids and I had a bit of an adventure this evening.

My wifi was giving me tons of trouble today.  In the midst of the aggravation, I turned wifi off on my phone this afternoon so I would use cell data instead.  It was much faster today.

I finished work, did dishes, did chores, cleaned the bathroom, and then sat down, pooped, to check Facebook.  I saw that Mandi had tried to video call me using Messenger, which was strange, so I called to see what's up.  I dialed her number and my phone told me that I couldn't make calls unless I turned on wifi or turned off airplane mode.  I shrugged and was mildly irritated that I'd accidentally turned on airplane mode, then reached Mandi.  The first thing she asks is if I'm home and okay.  It turns out Bex had been trying to reach me.  She called Jess, who also couldn't reach me.  Jess called Mandi to see if she'd talked to me in the last couple hours.  By the time I was on the phone with Mandi, Jess was at the roundabout in Healdsburg on her way to check on me.  Mandi texted her sisters to let them know I was okay and it was just airplane mode.  Jess decided to come to the house anyway because she was almost here, and it was a nice bonus to be able to sit outside together with her and Cory and chat for a bit.

I never, ever let my phone die.  If it starts to get low, the kids can verify that I freak out and need to make sure that I am getting it charged.  I bring a charger with me everywhere I go.  So if my phone is going to voice mail for an hour, something is not right.  With my trip to the ER last week because I thought I might be having symptoms of stroke (I wasn't), I know they were more scared than usual.
I feel awful that they were so scared.  I also feel so grateful that Jess and Cory came out to make sure everything is okay.  I am truly grateful to be so loved and cared for.  I love these kids.

And I will be careful about airplane mode and will get the landline fixed.  I've put it off because getting AT&T out is a pain in the butt but I need that back-up phone.

We are well!  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment