Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday - Day 109

I woke up really early today without an alarm.  It was still dark out at 5:00 am, but I felt okay.  Oliver doesn't like it when I get up this early because he wants to go outside.  I make him wait until it's light enough that the foxes won't be roaming around.

The water came back on this morning after the main line was repaired.  But then I heard the leak in the back of the house.  So I quickly flushed and cleaned toilets, refilled water bottles, gave the garden a little water and a promise, filled the goat's water, and called the landlady while I walked up to manually turn of the water to our house.  She called her repair guy and I called a plumber I know to see who could come out first.  Her guy arrived at about 3pm and after he crawled under the house (not fun but thankfully no snakes!) we discovered that the leak was actually under the deck.  And conveniently under a trap door over an area that clearly had been half-assed repaired many times.  He was able to take a large section out and replace it with the proper pipe.  He didn't finish until about 8pm, and I was out and about all day, walking up and down the driveway to turn on and off the water.  I doubled my normal step count for the day.  I was beat by the time everything was done and that shower Felt So Good.

My landlady and I got to visit a little bit this afternoon and she brought down an extra wading pool she has so we can cool off on hot days.  She admired my face mask and I noticed hers was a paper one, so I offered her one.  She loves it - so much easier for her to use than the paper mask.

I was dozing watching a show with Bex after dinner.  It has been a long day.

We are well.  I hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment