Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thursday - Day 108 - WTF

I woke up way early after a fitful night of stressful thoughts and worries.

I sat down to work and clear my head.  Then noticed my left arm and hand felt a little numb.  I went through all the steps to check for stroke and everything seemed fine except for that annoyance.  It was harder to type with that hand too. 

I called for advice and was told to come to Emergency.  Ugh.

Bex dropped me at the door and parked to wait.  Everyone was really good about distance and I was being checked in pretty quickly.  After interview and assessment and checking everything out, the ER doc thought it might be a pinched nerve as I have some cervical issues.  My last x-rays were 13 years ago so they took neck x-rays.  They were able to rule out stroke.  There isn't much change from the last x-rays but there is a little more compression which could pinch a nerve.  They gave me steroids but I won't take them.  I have a follow-up appointment Tuesday to see what can be done.  In the meantime, I will do stretching and exercise and use natural anti-inflammatory treatment to see if that helps.  I just recently had a rebounder delivered that I'm going to set up outside to try to get some exercise that is easy on the joints.

I was back at home 3 1/2 hours after I noticed the symptom.  Pretty amazing for an emergency visit.

I stripped down and dropped my clothes in the laundry room before scrubbing down and putting on clean clothes.  I miss having a shower and hope the water issue will be resolved today.

The goats are still yelling at us when we step outside.  They want to know where Lily is.  Luna is the most vocal, and she was the one who "told on" Lily when she got out.

But they are better behaved too.  Still curious and try to get away with things but the rivalry between Salsa and Lily doesn't cause injuries. 

It looks like we'll have running water tomorrow.  I hope.

I got tired early.  It's been a long day.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment