Monday, July 6, 2020

Monday - Day 112

I couldn't sleep last night.  I finally got up at 2:00 am for an hour then tried again.  I had work today so an alarm, and animals never take a vacation day, so the alarm was brutal.  I was groggy as hell.

I took care of the animals and checked on the baby birds.  I can only see two at a time now and they're getting really big.  I'm not sure what that means about the other two - are they hiding or ... something else? 



Once I got the first sip of coffee in me, I was off and running and totally focused until about 12:30 p.m., when my left arm and hand started to go numb again.  I'm beginning to figure out what is causing it.  I have a video appointment with the doctor tomorrow on this issue and will see what I can learn and do.

So I told my boss I was taking a break and going to the feed store.  Switch it up and start moving.  I called J on the way to see if he wanted to meet up so I could give him some mail and his belated birthday gifts.  Because the car is acting up at between 45 and 50 mph, I hesitated to go onto the freeway to my usual feed store in Santa Rosa.  When I thought it through, I recognized that the extra cost of getting hay 6 miles away at a small store was offset by almost exactly the cost of my gas to the Santa Rosa store.  So I headed to the small store and loaded up the hay.  I tried to find a shady spot to meet up with J but it was pretty close to noon and it was difficult to find. 

I think he liked the gifts I found for him.  Of course, guitarcentric.  :)  But he totally shocked and surprised and amazed me with what he found for my early birthday gift.  Because who knows what next month is going to look like?

Introducing ... Beyoncé.


And yes, I know that's a rooster.  There's nothing anywhere sayin' I can't name a rooster Beyoncé.  Just ask The Bloggess, whom I got the inspiration and hankering for a metal rooster from.  You can find the hilarious story here.

I think I found the perfect spot for Beyoncé, near the front door where I can see him every day.  He will probably spook the goats the first couple of times they walk by.

It got pretty hot this afternoon but it was still fun to get Beyoncé settled into his new home.  I hung out with Bex for a while while the house cooled down.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment