Thursday, February 18, 2021

Wednesday - COVID340

I was up late but not too late because a little person was standing in front of me 30 minutes after I turned off my alarm reminding me I said I'd be up at 6:15.  Li'l man does not forget a thing!

I got some work in before a dental appointment and Bex took AJ to McDonald's for his promised breakfast.  Because he was with Baboo, he got a small McFlurry to eat after his breakfast food.

I've had tooth pain for days and finally relented, thus the appointment.  I have another appointment for Friday and I'm looking forward to some relief.  I started antibiotics for an infection today and was told I should feel better within 24 hours of starting them.  So far, the pain is a little less but still there and may impact my sleep again.

While I was picking up my prescription, I saw a notification on the Ring.  The first image was Oliver.  The next was Bex striding out, grabbing the hose, and spraying.  She looked around and then went inside, and I called her.  She said she'd heard the chickens going nuts and went out and scared off either a fox or coyote.  It took off quick and had a reddish coat.  I'm thinking coyote 'cause our foxes are gray.  After AJ went to sleep, I heard the coyotes singing outside.  

And then shortly after the coyote sighting, I was approaching the Lake Trail on the driveway and saw small bobcat dive down the hill.

Bex made us peanut butter and banana grilled sandwiches for lunch, an AJ favorite since she introduced him to them last year.

After I was done working, we made I guess a taco bar for dinner.  All the ingredients were the same but we each put them together differently.  AJ had a taco and a burrito, Bex made nachos, and I had a burrito bowl.  It was a good dinner, though AJ thought it was a little spicy.  I reduced the spices I used but apparently not by enough.  He still ate it all.

We watched Rango and talked with Mandi on the phone.  AJ will be leaving us tomorrow and I'm sad because I didn't get enough play time with him, with work and all.  I'm grateful for the time we did have and love having him around.  He is a delightful, funny, happy, kind, curious, and thoughtful child.  I told him we'd give Bella a bath and he keeps reminding me - I need to make sure we get that done in the morning.  This is a kid you don't want break promises with and want to avoid changing plans.  He takes you at your word.

I'll hope for better sleep tonight and an easy day tomorrow. 

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment