Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thursday - COVID341

I was up a little later but AJ didn't wake me up this morning.  He was quietly playing when I got up.

I took him for a drive to McDonald's to get breakfast.  I agreed he could have a small McFlurry as breakfast dessert but their machine was down, so no sweet treat.  He was disappointed but happy to accept orange juice instead.   

We had a good conversation on the drive about a variety of things.  When we got to the gate I remembered that I was going to play him the ringtone I use for my kids because it cracks him up every time he hears it but he never gets to hear the whole thing because I answer.  I told him that one of these days I'll teach him how to open the gate and he smiled and shook his head nooooo, giggling.  He's old enough to do it now but the booster seat is a bit of a pain, so I won't make it unbuckle to do the gate.  Yet.

At one point, AJ came to me in tears after he had done his reading homework because his tablet quit working.  I came in and sat down to see what it was doing, and he breathed a big sigh of relief and said that it was working fine now.  

Bex and AJ played Battleship this afternoon while I worked.  And I just remembered that we never did get Bella her bath.  I'll have to remember for next time.  It's hard to fit those things in during the work week.

I was sad to see him go but happy that we had the time this week.  I know he'll enjoy a night with his auntie before going home tomorrow.  He was a good companion while doing chores, and though we kept an eye out on our trips down the driveway, he didn't see any wildlife this trip.  Though the coyotes did leave their mark overnight.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment