Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Tuesday - COVID339

I finally got to sleep after finding Anbesol for a toothache that's been bugging me.  I remembered not to trip over AJ on the floor and got up on time.  He was awake already and watching a video under his blanket so as not to disturb me.  

Angelo helped me take care of the animals this morning and walked Salsa from the barn to the pen.  He misses Luna.  He told me I need to get another goat because our two are lonely.  He doesn't like the smell near the chicken coop.

I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and after going through options, he decided on a breakfast burrito with bacon.  I made sure this time to make the eggs just the way his mama told me she makes them, and he ate up his burrito with no complaint.  When I asked him if he wanted milk or water to drink, he said, "Goat milk."  I had to explain I'm not milking Salsa anymore and he wondered why.  We talked about how she's old and she quit making milk last year, and how the only way to get goat milk now would be for her to have a baby.  And that she's too old to have babies anymore.  He said she would also need a goat husband and I don't have one of those.  He thinks I need to get another goat so I can have milk and that I could sell it.  When Bex went out later to get sticky buns, she picked up some goat milk from the store so he could have some.

AJ helped me with the animals and we had spaghetti and leftover pizza for dinner with cake dessert.  After he said he'd had enough spaghetti after a small bowlful, I commented that he had eaten less than I'd expected today, especially after his mama said he ate a lot as a growing boy.  He quietly said he was trying to be polite and didn't want to eat all my food.  I reassured him that he should tell me when he's hungry and not to say he's had enough because he's being polite.  I totally understand that, but it's more important that he stay well and eat enough.  He's a sweet boy.

He was silly and talkative at bedtime.  He had a bit of a tummy ache but we agreed I'd check on him in 30 minutes to see how he's doing.  He was asleep after 15.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment