Sunday, February 7, 2021

Saturday - COVID329

I reluctantly got up not too long after the alarm went off.  I needed to get chores done and coffee made before my Zoom training.

Three hours on Zoom with two breaks this morning but I was interested the whole way through. I signed up last year after the Walbridge evacuations to volunteer for Sonoma CART.  My intention is to help out at the livestock shelter during the next disaster.  I'm not the type to run into danger to rescue, but more the safe place to recuperate and stay after the danger.  As I begin my work, there are other areas I might be able to help and be cross-trained so I can be of more use where I'm needed.

This was the first of many training sessions, and I will also be doing some online FEMA courses to get my certification.  I love learning and look forward to being a part of this heart-filled and brave collection of humans who are organizing to help others when the bad stuff happens. 

I got a little work done this afternoon but it was hard to focus when the day was so beautiful and springlike.  Maybe I'll clear the garden tomorrow and get it ready for planting.

I found the wolf urine and reluctantly laid a little bit down where the coyote was hiding near the chicken coop yesterday.  I recognize that while this may keep the biggest predators away, it may also drive away the little foxes that I enjoy seeing.  I don't mind them around so much because I know they cannot get into the fortified chicken run, but they may need to hang out elsewhere this spring.  Or at least further from the house.

I picked up groceries from Jess in the evening and got to see her new dishwasher.  We went just at sunset so I made sure the goats were in the barn and set the portable radio at the chicken coop to deter predators while we were away.

It was a quiet evening with Bex and I'm hoping for more energy (Zoom courses take a lot out of me!) so I can get more done tomorrow.

We are safe and well.   I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment