Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Wednesday - COVID291

When I opened the door to the barn this morning, Mooney, Luna's brother, looked intently out the door.  He typically just starts moseying to it and outside.  Salsa was more laid back.  But then again, she wasn't born with Luna and had not spent every moment of her life with her.

I watched Moonshine while we walked to the pen, his head darting here and there, looking, and then occasionally looking behind him where Luna has typically lagged recently.  When he got to the top of the steps before entering the pen, he looked back again, then walked into the pen, stopped, and scanned the entire inside border, looking back and outside again.  I told him I wished I could explain and I wished I could let him know that I'm missing her and looking for her too.  Until I remember that she's gone.  But he doesn't know.  It breaks my heart all over again.

It was a very busy work day but I got a break when Tamily came by for a visit outside in the barely warm sunshine.  We exchanged gifts and I love love love their handmade gifts.  They are both so creative and talented.  The greatest gift of all was being able to see them and to hang out with the goats for a bit and laugh at Salsa using Tammy as a scratching post.

I finished up working after they left and got a phone call late in the day that Luna's ashes were ready for pick-up.  When we went outside to bring the goats to the barn, I was surprised to see Moonshine had escaped.  And then when I got closer to the pen, saw a good sized section torn down and Salsa tangled in the middle of it, her head through a section of the fencing.  We untangled her and got the goats to the barn, commenting as we went that these two are the biggest troublemakers we have ever had, and now it's just the two of them to create mayhem.  I have a fence to repair in the morning and hope it's not raining too much when I need to do that.  The forecast is for a significant amount over 10 days and I'm not happy about that at all.

Bex and I headed out to get Luna's ashes, stopping at the hardware store for some foam sealant to make sure no more water leaks into the repaired (and later other) section under the house.  We hit rain and dark and navigated our way to pick up Luna.  We picked up dinner to go on the way home as well and made it home safely.

I fell asleep on the couch again.  I'm thinking I need to just head to bed earlier.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment