Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday - COVID267

I got up with the alarm on a Sunday - meh.  Got my act together, chores done, then hooked up the trailer to go pick up the fridge.  That was a 2.5 hour adventure.  My first time driving it was out back country roads through Forestville to Covey and Pleasant Valley Road in Sebastopol, then off on a private one-way dirt drive to a narrow dirt driveway through a ranch property to get the fridge loaded.  It took us a bit to back the trailer up in the narrow area and load the fridge up, then I was off again.  The second leg was a bit more comfortable for me, and I took my time and actually backed the trailer in to the house.  Not all the way because I don't want to hit cars but I did it!  The first thing I did at the house was run in to pee of course.  Then Jess called apologetic because she hadn't seen my text from a few days ago asking about borrowing their truck.  The timing was perfect because I could let her know that I didn't take the easy way out and took my courage in both hands and drove the trailer for the first time to pick up the fridge.

I was pretty proud of myself for backing it in.


Bex helped me to unload the fridge... 


...and get it set up in the house.


Then we pushed the trailer into its parking space because I didn't want to try to back up next to her car and potentially bump it.  

The fridge is small for the space but actually works well.  It doesn't stick out into the kitchen like the old one did and is fine for keeping the things we use the most inside the kitchen and the other fridge can be used for less important things.  It would be a dairy and booze fridge if I had a milking doe.

One interesting thing is that the guy I bought the fridge from is the same man who picked up Bug from us 10 years ago, and Bug gave him a lot of goat kids on that ranch.  I'll never forget that he loaded Bug into an SUV.  I would never have done that - it was hard enough having him in the back of our pickup under a camper shell when we brought him home from Lake County.

I spent the rest of the day with small projects, some work, and working on holiday gifts.  These are intricate and slow going and my hands need a break from time to time.

We are safe and well, though dreading another red flag warning way too late in the year.  I hope you are safe and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment