Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thursday - COVID264

I made myself get up when the alarm went off this morning because I had prep to do before the old Equinox was picked up.  I allowed myself some coffee while I set up my work day on the computer and then I went outside to play musical vehicles.

I hooked up the trailer and moved it up the driveway to make room for the old Equinox to get out.  I discovered there is a slight bend in the arm on the trailer that made it exceedingly difficult to back up properly, though I spent at least 15-20 minutes on that attempt.  It doesn't help that the driveway is narrow and oddly curved with bushes that need to be trimmed back.  I ended up getting the trailer close to where I wanted it, unhooking it, and manually pushing it into place.  

I then needed to jumpstart the car again.  I have no idea why it's doing this because the battery is relatively new - but it hasn't been started much at all since July.  I then moved it to the end of the driveway to make it easier to get out.

I then moved the trailer by hand to the side of the house, getting in a good workout.  Then the new car followed.  I didn't have to push that, thank goodness.

The car was gone by 11:00, after signing everything off and taking my check (which was the wrong amount but they'll mail me the balance) and watching it get loaded onto the flat bed and taken off.  It's always mixed feelings.  There are a lot of happy times and trips in that car and it served me well, but it became a big problem toward the end.  It did teach me a lot too, as each car tends to do.

I took a few minutes to start dough for rolls that I had with chili, which I started in the crock pot after the dough processed.  Not much room on counters for appliances, so they take turns.

I finished off work and dinner was good and will last us for a few days.

I dropped the leash this afternoon when I took Bella out.  Normally that wouldn't be a thing, right?  Leash drop, step on it, or just pick it up.  But this is a retractable leash.  And she ran like crazy because it chases her.  It took me such a long time to get her to just stop and sit so I could pick it up and get her inside.  Maybe she'll figure that out if it happens again.  I really try not to drop it - I've done it once before indoors - but it's probably inevitable that I'll do it again.  

I am tired early tonight, maybe the exercise pushing a trailer around this morning, maybe a rush of depression and anger that hit me tonight.  One thing I know for sure is that I need more sleep than I've been getting.

It was a good day.  We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment