Thursday, January 28, 2021

Wednesday - COVID319

It was sunny and mild when I woke up, the storm having come through hard overnight.  I got chores done and kept an eye out for the coyote, but didn't see anything.  I got some work done and ran out to exchange the wifi we borrowed for one that works.

It started to storm again in the afternoon, and really started pouring at about the time I started chores.  Of course.

I was annoying yesterday at losing a bag of popcorn to the mouse.  Clearly I forgot that when you take away one source of food (they seemed to enjoy the quinoa and semolina flour), they find another, so they went after the popcorn.  Everything that I thought was mouse tasty was sealed up but then I discovered it got into my loose tea.  I spotted it running to a corner on the counter and even though we put Oliver on the counter (one time only) to catch it, he wasn't even interested. I don't know what's wrong with that cat, he was catching them like crazy last year outside.

I cleared things, asked Bex to pick up some containers from the dollar store, and set the trap.  Caught it within 3 minutes.  But the trap is reset for the next one until I get them all.

I fell asleep watching TV on the couch and am looking forward to a good night's sleep in bed.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment