Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday - COVID303

I made sure to get up on time this morning because I knew I would have a short day.  So the first few hous were focused on work.

Then I shut down the computer and prepared for a planned power outage.  We had received letters on the ranch from PG&E that we would lose power for a few hours today so they could replace some overhead equipment.  I took the time to take down the tree and give the living room a good vacuuming because even artificial trees lose a few needles as you move them around.  Then Bex and I ran out to pick up a couple of things and met up with Tamily when we got home to exchange eggs (soy-free for soy) and yarn and talk a little while giving the goats some attention.

But the power never went off.  As annoying as it would have been to lose it for a few hours, to be told to prepare and then have no communication and have it be fine was worse.  I lost a good chunk of my work day because of it and for nothing.

But it was a productive day in other ways, and that was good enough.  We're just hoping they don't spring an outage on us tomorrow.

We are staying safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment