Sunday, January 17, 2021

Saturday - COVID308

I slept a little later but not too much.  It was warmer today and the sun is rising a little earlier and setting a little later each day.  

Late morning I took off to go to the farmers market in Santa Rosa to check out a lady that sells sustainable goods.  I enjoyed talking with her and picked up a couple of items.  I was surprised at how big the market was and grateful that everything was spaced out enough that I felt comfortable going.  I've missed going to farmers markets.  I picked up some goat cheese while I was there.

Jess came up this afternoon to return my fruit press that she used to juice gallons of pomegranate juice for her jellies, plus an air conditioner for summer heat and we exchanged some other things, such as dishes I'd brought leftovers home from her.  We took some time to visit outside, which was good.  I love spending time with the kids.  They are smart, loving, funny human beings.

While wandering through the family tree that I linked to in my genealogy search I was surprised to find more royalty in our ancestry.  It's fascinating to see and read about our far distant ancestors.  On both sides of the family we have British and Welsh royalty, and if the research is right (it will take me a long time to confirm it but I really do trust LDS researchers), a direct line to Charlemagne and Louis I.  It was fascinating to read some of the early Welsh history.  It's also interesting to note that my family ties to Wales come from both sides, which could explain my instant feeling of home when I visited in 1978 and my desire to go back.

It's been a long and good day.  I'm looking forward to another tomorrow.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment