Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Tuesday - COVID318

I was up just a little late.  It was sunny outside with no sign of the predicted storm.

I got some work in for the office then stopped to have a video chat with my doctor to review blood test results.  As usual, she says I am very healthy and the numbers are all good, especially cholesterol ratios.  I am going to talk with a nutritionist to get some guidance because despite my best efforts, menopause is doing a number on my body. I love having a medical professional who is part of my team and isn't dictating their opinion as fast and easy as they possibly can. 

We needed to run a couple of errands, so Bex went with me and we picked up a few things, including a new toaster.  Mine's pretty old and poorly designed so I finally decided to find something easier to clean. 

The rain started while we were out and by 5:00 was showing signs of becoming serious. I got the critters in for the night.

I opened a cupboard in the kitchen - one of those that I recently had cleared out and reorganized - and yelled when I was surprised by a mouse at just above eye level.  Bex came out to see what had happened and said she figured that was it because she could tell from my yell.  Remembering an experience my sister had years ago, I put a cover over the new toaster and set a trap in the cupboard.  I have been fighting these suckers since evacuation and just when I think I've won, another pops up. 

I crocheted a bit and transcribed a bit and then decided to head to bed early.  The storm is pounding and the wind has been gusty from time to time but not constant.  I'm seeing photos not only from Mount St. Helena but also from Lakeport showing snow.  It would be nice to wake up to some in the morning but I'm not sure it will happen.  The last time we had snow was January 2002.

Just before bed, I decided to check the cameras that have been out for a couple of days. This was a shocker from the back yard - this morning.

Morning in the Back Yard

We are going to look into how to keep this girl (I am assuming from the way she peed) away from the house and critters without hurting her.  

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment