Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday - COVID315

I reset the alarm because I wasn't ready to get up, but I still had to drag myself out of bed when it went off again.  I had a lot to do this morning.

I took care of the little critters and then headed down to pick up the part I needed to repair the fence.  The ranch equipment store - if you could call it that - is huge and sprawling on a ranch property and I finally figured out where to go once I entered the one-way driveway and wound my way through.  A friendly older man asked to help me and I explained I'd called the day before about this part.  He remembered and went inside to get it.  He had exactly what I need.  He asked where I got my fencing and I told him - he recognized the place and commiserated about the delay when needing to order things to be delivered.  We chatted for a minute about fencing and I wondered if he carried the net fencing I use.  He does.  And at a better price than what I had purchased last.  I'm not sure what it looks like or if it's the same quality, but it's good to know there are options if I need them.

I dropped off a cake pan to Tammy and then hurried home, really wishing I hadn't drank so much water on the trip. 

I had time to get a cup of coffee and make the fence repair and bring the goats out to the pen before leaving again.  The goats seemed better about staying in the pen.  I think it was the coyote that was making them escape yesterday.  

While I was heading to the barn I noticed a massive dump of scat on the path and took a closer look.  From the look of it and its contents, I'm 99% sure that it's from a black bear.  And of course I haven't had trail cams out for a few weeks.  The deposit was made on the other side of Loretta (the Corvair) so the Ring camera didn't pick up the animal, and it didn't come near the camera.  There's fresh coyote scat over there as well, so that coyote is still roaming around.  Not near the house though.

I got Bella into the carrier and took her to the vet for nail trimming.  Then made a super quick stop at the farmer's market on the way home to get some chorizo - my favorite place to get it.  

When I got Bella out of the carrier, I noticed that she had gotten a little car sick and think I need to find a better place for her to sit in the car in the crate.  I normally let her sit on a lap but don't like having her loose in the car when I'm driving solo.

I worked a little in the afternoon and worked on the big decluttering elephant that I am handling one bite at a time.  It's nice to see some progress as I go.

I set the trail cams out tonight and will see if anything shows up.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment