Sunday, January 10, 2021

Saturday - COVID301

I woke up early!  WTF.  I didn't set an alarm but still got up when it was dark.  Good news is that I went to bed early enough that I actually got 8 hours sleep.  So it wasn't early.  But.  Still.

I goofed off on the computer for a while and did some things around the house.  When it's cold, I don't like to move.  I stay still and as bundled up as I can in my warm cave of blankets or hoodie.  When it is warmer in the house, I turn music on and do shit.

Corsica came up to help replace the tire on Loretta.  And brought the groceries I ordered with Jess.  We got the tire on but it looked ... crooked.  And it looked worse when we lowered it to the ground off the jack.  I knew that it was okay but couldn't remember why or what to do to straighten it out.  And then we lifted the car and examined everything closely and thought the car was freaking bent and I was trying to find a way to blame the tow truck driver who changed the tire but that wasn't possible but how could it be bent because it has been fine and just not driven for years?  And then Cory Phoned a Friend whose dad use to have Corvairs before I could call my dad (which would have taken longer) and he explained that it was perfectly fine and suggested we move the car and the wheel would straighten out.  But the car won't start.  So - I tried to start it but, no bueno, so I got in so I could hit the brakes and Jess and Cory pushed it back and then forward again and - TADA!  The tire straightened out.

But it seems to be losing air still.  So - the rim may have gotten slightly out of round when the tire went flat and I didn't change it right away. :(  I'm a bad Corvair mommy.

Then we looked at it closely tried to jump start it and made plans to make it better so that maybe the previous owner will buy it back (for aaaaallll of the $$ Bex has put into it) or we could get it drivable so it could be driven with a for sale sign on it.  Or we keep it because ... we really don't want to let it go.  It's just going to be a pain to fix.  In the meantime, we spiff it up and cover it for the winter and fix the wheel and see what happens next.

Cory gave me some more reflectors for the trailer.  While we were talking about that I told him that I needed to bring my car back to Campways because I think they messed up my hazard lights.  They won't turn on.  So we popped the hood so we could check fuses 'cause he thought that might be it.  Then while I went inside to grab the proper TOOL to do that, Cory thought to turn the car on and check it out.  And he discovered that you don't just punch the button to turn it on.  You have to hold it down or the hazards won't come on.  Same to turn them off.  WTF?

So I am incredibly grateful that I thought to talk to Cory and he checked it out before I went to Campways and said, "Hey guys, my hazards aren't working and you worked on my new-to-me-car and I think you missed something."  And they'd be like, "Girl, your hazards are working."  And I would never be able to go there again out of embarrassment.

Mom called while we were in the midst of all this and I was going to call her back when we were done.  I came inside the house after seeing Corsica off, picked up my phone to call her, and she sent a text saying maybe tomorrow, that it was naptime and she was turning off her phone.  Which she did do because I called and it went straight to voice mail. :(  Waah.  So I wait until tomorrow.  But that is something to look forward to.

And - I forgot to post this last night!  We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment