Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Tuesday - COVID311

I woke up easy to the alarm this morning, while it was still dark, and had logged 8.5 hours of sleep.  I was a little surprised by that because I did wake up in the middle of the night with the wind shaking everything but I was able to go back to sleep.  The wind blew hard all day, knocking twigs down and blowing small debris around.  I'm glad that it stopped by late afternoon.  There were a few fires kicked up but nothing that threatened us and nothing that spread much.

It was a busy work day.

I got bit by a tick on my knee yesterday and the bite area is bugging me today.  I'm keeping it clean and keeping an eye on it.

I made taco bowls for dinner, something that I learned about when staying with Tammy last year.  I miss seeing her every day.  Emily picked up an incubator a couple weeks ago when they snagged a freshly laid egg at the farm.  They candled it today and discovered that they have a living growing creature to make sure to take care of inside that egg.  That will be exciting to watch.

I've learned to grab a couple of small twigs with oak leaves to give to the goats so they come to the gate in the evening.  Without bribery, it's become a challenge to catch them.  I made the mistake of trusting Salsa and giving both goats their leaves at the same time.  I got Moonshine's leash on, reached for Salsa, who was munching the leaves, and she walked away.  It took quite a while to get her to come close enough for me to be able to get her halter on.

I'm tired early again.  I am going to post the blog now and then read for a while so I don't go to bed too early.  

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment