Friday, April 16, 2021

Thursday/Friday - COVID397 and 398

Thursday was another blur of work.  I fell asleep on the couch again and was too tired to update the blog before bed.

I did get to make a trip out to the feed store and decided to take Bella with me for the drive.  She continues to gain confidence and enjoys being near me.  When the runner put the bag of feed in the back of the car and saw Bella looking at him from the front seat, he exclaimed that he would have brought a treat for her if he'd know she was there.

Her new bed was delivered earlier this week.  I've noticed that she has been flipping her beds over and creating a type of hammock, so I thought she might like a raised bed that will be cooler on warm days.  Of course, I forgot that she is still a timid little thing and she would have nothing to do with it.  I put a blanket and her favorite toy on it, no go.  I placed treats on it (she is such a chow hound) to encourage her to get onto it, but she can reach the furthest treat by putting her front feet on the bed but does not need to climb up to get it.  Thursday I put her soft bed on top of the platform, and she promptly pulled it off.

Today I tried holding the treat to encourage her to get all four paws onto the platform.  She would not do it herself, so I picked her up and gently put her down on it, giving her a couple of treats while praising her.  She gets off as soon as she can.

Today was a very intense work day, including a long Zoom meeting as we all work through details and create plans and stay on top of some intense client work.  I ended the day with a client phone call and was happy to stop for the weekend.

Dinner just for me as Bex and Q were out, and then I caught myself starting to doze on the couch and am heading to bed instead of enjoying the warmth of the afghan I'm working on.

Tomorrow's a busy day but one I'm looking forward to.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment