Monday, April 12, 2021

Sunday - COVID393

Up a little later today but not too bad.  I had things I wanted to do before Tammy arrived and I wasn't sure how early we would be able to start.

I got some transcription done but it was slow going because the house was cold, which means cold clumsy hands.

Coffee helped.

Tam come up and we headed out to Sebastopol to pick up my blueberry bush.  It was a great drive.  After putting it in the back of my car, we stopped by Harmony to get some potting soil for it.  We drove out to a cute house that was recently listed for sale, but then turned around before we got to it.  The further we went, the more we realized that not matter how cute it is, no matter what a good price it is, it is not wildfire safe.  Neither of us could imagine living that far out on a dead-end one-way street.

We took a break to eat lunch at home then got the blueberry bush and potting soil out of the car and onto the dolly for its trip to the back yard.  We tipped over a wine barrel I've kept filled with water to keep it from falling apart, cleaned it out, put it on a rolling stand, and filled it halfway with soil.  We maneuvered the bush into place, cut away the plastic around the roots, and filled in the rest of the soil, then gave it a good watering.

It was a lot of work so we took some time to relax and visit before Tam needed to head home.  I love spending time with her.

I worked a little more and then headed out to pick up groceries from Jess and visit for a while in her beautiful back yard.

Bex cooked dinner and I dozed a little while we watched a show.  

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment