Saturday, April 3, 2021

Saturday - COVID385

I slept a little later and then kept Oliver in because he had a vet appointment this morning.  Of course, he appeared healthy and normal as usual - none of the funny coughing he was doing last night.  I kept the appointment to be sure there was nothing wrong.

I closed my bedroom door, as he was snoozing in there.  As soon as I got the carrier out of my closet, he got up and walked to the door.  Oops - can't leave.  He doesn't fight hard getting into the carrier, though he does not make it easy.  Soon as the door was closed, he started to complain, which he continued throughout our drive.

He's fine.  I collected his vomit from last night so the vet could see it (and I had been able to send a video of his cough the night before).  It appears that he just got some grass stuck in his throat or something that went down irritated his throat.  He's healthy.

I stopped by Home Depot for curbside of a couple things I ordered online while waiting at the vet's office, then stopped by the library, then home.  I got some weed whacking done in the back yard and worked on more transcription.

Late afternoon, I headed back to Jessi's to get a few more groceries from a mini order we made.  I got a chance to visit for a little bit.  Then back home for dinner and relax, then work again.  I was able to clear the garden area of weeds around the raised beds.  Next will be pulling weeds from the beds and preparing to plant.  I'll need to start some seeds in the greenhouse and will probably put the seedlings in there until after the 15th when the frost danger is supposed to be cleared.  I have a couple of onions that sprouted, so I'll separate those and get them in the ground.  I'll also plant the carnations in their designated planter.  

I'll be visiting Mom and Dad tomorrow for Easter, and plan to stop by Tammy's on the way back to exchange eggs (my soy-free for her soy-fed) and drop off her carnations and maybe some mint if I didn't weed whack it all this afternoon.  There is a pot with mint, though I'm not sure how much is there right now.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment