Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Monday/Tuesday - COVID394/395

It was a Monday.  And there was really nothing remarkable about the day except being focused on work for hours and hours when all I need is to be able to stop that for a while.  But I don't because money is the way this frigging world works.  Or at least I think it is.  I haven't figured out another sustainable, healthy way.

So I was tired and decided to just go to bed at the end of that long day.  

Today was another work day.  The good thing is that I had a breather at the end of it.  I got the office hours in and then finished a transcription project for the time being.  I took a real lunch break today and had something to eat and went out to tend to the garden.  After my boss explained to me how to prune my lemon tree properly, and with the extra care to the soil I've been giving it to help it recover some neglectful years, it is looking great now.  There are tons of blossoms and buds on it and I am hopeful that they will stick and produce lemons.  I admire the garden plots and the new blueberry bush and am planning the seeds that I am going to plant and put into the greenhouse to fill the rest of the pots that are waiting for more good produce to begin.

I want to really try to grow luffa this year.  I've got the seeds.  Just plant 'em.

After work while there was still light in the cooling evening after the goats and chickens were tucked in, I sat down and looked at the wobbly chair on the pottery wheel.  I found the right tools, and enjoyed every moment of slowly removing each screw with a manual wrench - no socket, no electronics.  It was quiet and smelled good outside.  I got the chair off and think I can figure out how to make it work now.  Or fix up the board that was underneath it - possibly the original seat that had been wrecked a little to mount the other.  I took a look online to see what a replacement seat would cost.  Um, no.  It's crazy.

I crocheted and caught up on a couple of TV shows.  And it's late but I'm not tired and yet I know getting into bed will feel so good when I get there.

Here's hoping for a good rest of the week in these uncertain times.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment