Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter Sunday - COVID386

I was up a little late and it was a nice and mild cool morning.  The animals had no complaints and I enjoyed walking to the barn without needing to make my way through a narrow path with high weeds on either side.

I picked some mint plants and put those together with carnations and eggs for Tammy.  I grabbed some gas on my way out of town and stopped by Tammy's to deliver plants and eggs and pick up some of her eggs.  I feed soy-free crumble to my chickens and the farm where she volunteers does not (yet?), so we trade.

It was a nice drive down to Novato, roads relatively clear and the weather perfect.  I took my time driving through downtown, remembering the original stores and restaurants that used to be there, noticing those that have been in the same place since the early 70s and before.

I got to see what Dad has done to his bike and admire the new step side on the truck, then got to visit with Mom and Dad through the window using phones.  It was really nice to see their faces and be able to talk.  Now that I have the bathroom situation handled, I plan to go down on a regular basis.  I miss our weekly dinners.

On the way back, I took back roads and ended up going through Petaluma.  I was sad to see a tent city had sprung up near the old Pomeroy plant, though glad that they had a relatively safe place to stay.  This is a symptom of uncontrolled predatory capitalism and we need to figure out a way for all of us to live better and have safety nets that prevent this type of tragedy.  Too many of us have forgotten the value in community and taking care of those who need it so they can participate too.

Mandi and the kids came up this afternoon, and I headed back out to bring some things I'd set aside for them while decluttering - some games and videos and crafts.  I was also able to give Mandi and Sis their late birthday presents and see AJ doing his best to stay as still as he can.  I quietly gave him some hard candy (with his mom's knowledge), sharing a little of what Mom and Dad had given me earlier.

It was a long day with more driving and outside time, so I'm headed to bed before 11.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment