Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Day 13

I ended up going to bed at 2:00 a.m. last "night."  Up at 8:00 a.m with the cat bugging me and some critter under the house.  I just sprayed peppermint under the house last night so that didn't work.  Back to the coyotes and trap again, I suppose.  The problem with my traps is they are moisture sensitive, so they short out when placed outside during rain.  Like this DOWNPOUR that started last night.  The wildlife invasion under the house is annoying.  I haven't seen Ollie with a mouse in a long time.  He's slacking.

I hate rain.  It isn't helping my mood.  The sun did come out later.

The weight loss has changed from a pound a day to half pound a day.  I'll take it.

Both reports were completed today, so I had some free time to play a little music and catch the most recent episode of Outlander.  No cooking today - leftover chicken taco soup was just as good as the first time and just as filling on a chilly evening.

I'd whack some of the weeds down but it's too wet outside now. 

I'd stepped away from the computer and news for a break when my phone lit up with a notification.  I read in disbelief that one of my favorite country artists from the 90s, Joe Diffie, had died from complications of COVID-19.  The expletives in my brain cannot be repeated here.

Click this link to hear one of my many favorites from him - in memory.  Ships That Don't Come In



I got to talk to Angelo for a little bit this evening.  He is so funny and goofy.  Sis talked with Bex and she is enunciating so well!  I miss seeing them, and it was heartbreaking to hear Sis say she wants to come to our house.  Then when Bex said she wasn't sure when she could, Sis said, "You can come to our house!"  I am looking forward to being able to do that again.

I'm headed to bed by 11:00 p.m. and hope to get some good sleep tonight.  I doused around the house with coyote urine again.  Yuck and hope it works.

The good news is we are well and holding up.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment