Tuesday, March 31, 2020

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Day 15 - or Third Tuesday

Also known as Amanda's birthday, and the third birthday we have not been able to truly celebrate this month.

I didn't make it to bed by midnight last night after all.  I wasn't tired.  I watched a television show.  I read.  I played music and learned more about settings on the keyboard.  I set up the second keyboard (I've not used both since our last rehearsal ... eons ago). 

I ended up heading to bed at 2:00 a.m.  Not because I was tired but because I knew I needed to.  The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:20 a.m.  My alarm was set four hours later, and I turned it off when it started making noise.  I woke at 8:00 a.m.  I feel fine but know that I'm not getting enough sleep.

I got to see all of my girls at the same time - and grands! - though on video.  Mandi was so cute - she thought she knew what her gift might be and I didn't think she would - but she did have the general idea!  It was so fun to see her and Jess with their gifts together and be able to talk with all of them.  I miss them all so much.

While I was on the phone this afternoon, I heard clattering on the outside steps.  I looked out the slider and saw - Lily the goat!  She somehow escaped from the pen.  All of the other goats were still inside so she must have jumped the fence, which she is able to do if she really wants out.

She came to me when I stepped outside and because we were right at the door, I figured I'd take her inside to say hello to Becca.  Bex and Quincy were in her room and I knocked on the door.  When I opened it, I let Lily go in first and the reactions from them when Lily peered around the corner were hysterical. Oliver was quite upset at Lily showing up in the house.  I was laughing so hard I was crying the whole way to the pen.  Worth every second.

The black goat is Lily.


I dealt with the headache of WiFi versus Ethernet internet connection for remote band rehearsals.  This is going to be a lot more challenging than I thought it would be.

I used the rest of the pork and chorizo to make more taco fixings and put it on tostadas for dinner.  No more leftovers left so I will need to cook tomorrow.

Becca came out with me and howled!  My neighbor was going to howl with us tonight but she forgot and didn't have her phone nearby to get my five minute reminder.  She will try again tomorrow.  It still feels good, as did laughing with Bex all over again about Lily coming into her room.  She said she didn't know what that was coming into her room at first.  I'm laughing all over again thinking about it.

Time to wind down for the night.  We are all well and finding ways to laugh, which feels so good.  I hope you are well and finding time and reason for laughter in your lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment