Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Low

I didn't cook dinner yesterday.  After finishing a project, I had nothing left to give.  My big plans were shelved for Tuesday.

My daughter is on a search for yeast.  I have some extra and will bring that to her later this week, along with flour and limoncello, if the scheduled home delivery comes up empty.

A friend posted with joy that someone had mysteriously left four bags of Safeway groceries on her front step!  She wondered who the benefactor was.  Another friend who happens to be mutual friends and a neighbor commented that it was her groceries, delivered by mistake and she'd been on the phone with Instacart and then her bank for two hours.  The groceries were delivered to the right person and the woman who had accidentally received them commented, "Sorry about the Cliff Bar."  That was a happy story of community and connection and coincidence and funny mistakes.

Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood hosted an online concert from their home but I could not watch it because the stream kept freezing and it became too frustrating to keep trying.

Last night I sank into a deep sadness and depression.  I cried a little when I finally went to bed at around 1:00 a.m.  I tried to stem the tears even though I know that letting them out makes things better.  I am still low Tuesday morning.  My sadness and fear is showing as anger and seeping out into social media.  I am going to work on turning my attitude around so I can get through this easier and help support those I love.  I am trying to still the mean voices in my head that say I have been lazy and unprepared and I had a good handle on this five years ago and let it slide like an idiot.  I'm trying to remember to treat myself as kindly as I would someone else I love.

It is a new day and I will see what I can do to make the best of it.  We are well and hope you are too.

1 comment: