Thursday, March 26, 2020

If It's Thursday, This Must Be Day 10

I actually went to bed at midnight last night.  I think that's the earliest in the last two weeks.  I was kinda proud of myself.

It's really cold this morning and all I wanted to do was stay in bed.  But it's time to move and I was able to get some things accomplished for work before going out to take care of the critters.  It is really hard to type when your fingers are cold.

I've lost another pound.

This despite allowing myself an occasional treat such as Cadbury's mini eggs, a Girl Scout cookie, or - last night - a scoop of coffee ice cream Bex offered.

I did some remote work today but my brain was racing in the morning.  I wasn't sure what to do next.  Maybe bake for a bit. 

I opened the cookbook to look for my popover recipe, but on top was an untested recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup.  I skimmed the ingredients, I have them, so that was started.  It looks like chili (which we are still eating) but it's not the same and there are chicken breasts under that goodness cooking away for 5 hours.  Then I take the meat out, shred it, add back in, cook another 2 hours.



I had the misfortune of hearing our buffoon in chief on the radio while I drove to get the mail this afternoon.  In those few minutes he claimed Canada might be illegally smuggling steel into the US to avoid paying tariffs, which are YUGE, and said that when the medical ship set to go help NYC left harbor in Virginia, he was going to be there to kiss it.  Yes.  He said that.  And then asked if reporters would be there because, he assured them, they could be.  (They shouldn't be!)  As the infection and death toll climbs in our country due to his failure to act promptly, and his continued delays unless US governors "bend the knee" (my paraphrase), he continues to grandstand and do nothing of any significant importance for those who really need help.

Then I spoke to someone I know who is in a roommate situation.  Their roommate had just taken off without a word in a vehicle with someone who lives outside of their home.  Definitely not six feet apart, and in an enclosed environment.  Everyone had been so careful about staying safe in the household, and this threw a huge curve.  The one who left did not respond well to questions via phone in the car and hung up.  So now there is extreme social distancing happening in the household and extreme disinfecting.  Add a dose of resentment and fear.  It's not so good.  The roommate knew better too - maybe they thought they were "safe" with the person they were driving with.  This is so frustrating.

I realized today I can't remember the last time I brushed my hair.  Still brushing my teeth of course - and washing hands so often I need to start keeping moisturizer everywhere.  They're getting as dry as they were during wildfire evacuation. 

It was a low emotion day but not horrible.  Stress hits me in the center of my throat like a brick is sitting there, so I keep wondering if I am getting a sore throat.  I'm not.  Rest, breathing, and refocusing, and the tightness in my throat and jaw goes away.

And the soup turned out great!!


Bedtime at 11:00 p.m. tonight.  Maybe this will be a positive trend.

We are still well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment