Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Loss, Love, Growth, Healing, Strength

You know, sometimes your heart just aches for people. It’s so hard to know that loved ones are grieving thousands of miles away, and not be able to be there to hold their hand and listen, to cradle them in your arms and rock them as they weep. Whenever I have had to deal with a loss, I remember that loving, true listening.

I don’t want to relive my own experiences; that was my time, my place, my loss, and so long ago. If they ask me to let them know what helped me through it, to survive and be strong, I will be happy to share. However, we’re all so different, and what worked for me may be irrelevant. Our experiences are all unique. My goal is to love, love, love, love, love them, and listen, listen to them testify to me, to God, to the world, about what their loved one meant to, means to, them. Honor and witness their experience, and hold them up.

You know who you are, beloved loved ones who need support, kindness, understanding, love, and ears. I wish I could do so much more. But one thing I can do is be still, to listen, to honor your beloved, and to bear witness to all that they are to you, so that their lessons, their love, can be spread even further to bless the rest of the world, too.

We may temporarily lose our loved ones’ presence here on Earth, but gain Angels above. I know he will watch over you and cheer you and help guide you through. You are strong. Lean on and love each other. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment